Sunday, March 19, 2006

Book of the Year Awards

I found the results of the 2006 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards. They are..
{envelope ripped open}

Adult Fiction: The Historian , by Elizabeth Kostova

Adult Nonfiction: Freakonomics , by Levitt & Dubner

Children's Literature: Inkspell, by Cornelia Funke

Children's Illustrated: Zen Shorts, by Jon Muth

{applause}

I am sorry to say I know not of these books. The only one I have read is The Historian, and I have to say, it was very good. I read it while in Italy, Turkey, and Greece over fall break. Good times. I will probably do my own review on it in a while, but here is a link to what Amazon had written. I find the varying reviews submitted on this book very interesting, and wonder how my own will turn out. Amazon's reviews start out all bad, but at the end they get more positive. If you have a comment about this book, please feel free to email it to me, and I will be sure to post it.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Poor Dan Brown. u.u How could he be copying off another guys book, when it was almost identical to his OTHER book? Unless he copied Angels and Demons, too... XD I love Dan Brown, but...come on....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home