Friday, April 07, 2006

Brown/RandomHouse Acquitted

That's right, the judge ruled in favor of Random House. The plagiarism that author Dan Brown was accused of in his novel, The Da Vinci Code, was found not to have happened at all. After reading Brown's witness statement earlier this month, I don't known how he could have been found to have copied Holy Blood, Holy Grail. Brown provided very solid evidence that he got information from several sources before even reading HBHG, and that his ideas originally came from those sources, not HBHG. When I say his ideas came from those other sources, I mean he shared their theories etc., not that he copied them. Again, the Da Vinci Code movie is opening on May 19th, which is disappointing for me because that is the day I board a plane to spend a week in Alaska. I really want to go to Alaska, but it is going to be hard to miss the movie for a week. Also, not to speculate, but I find the timing of this courtcase a bit questionable, and wonder how much money all this publicity is making for HBHG's authors. Now, Dan, let's get on with your next novel (note: his witness statement said that he is well on his way with the next novel featuring Robert Langdon, and it will trail through ancient Masonic fraternities of New England).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home